Saturday, January 30, 2010

Adventures in Canyonlands

Sometime between the Mineral Fork incident and heading for Montana in the Willys, I managed to wreck the tranmission rocking my way out of a snow bank--an unsuccessful attempt to get over Guardsman Pass to Park City in the middle of January. I sold the Meyer plow to cover the expense of a brand new tranny and had enough left over to add a new Warn overdrive. The overdrive enabled true highway speeds from the 488 gear set and extended my reach for adventure. I made several trips to southern Utah's red rock canyon country. The first trip included the Flint Trail into the Maze and the Doll House. Other trips took us through Bobby's Hole and up Elephant Hill. This was back before there was any traffic, much less traffic control, so you could still go up Elephant Hill from the east as long as you were willing to back down if you met someone coming down. (One of these days I'll get around to posting the half-hour-long, 8mm epic "Adventures in Canyonlands"--stay tuned...as if anyone is reading this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment